Saturday, June 20, 2015

Keeping my "Pinterest Fail"

 
Let's admit it, we've all attempted a cute idea or two on Pinterest and most of us have had our share of Pinterest fails.  Well, this Father's Day was no exception.  I decided to spend a really (ridiculously) long time drawing with chalk all over our back porch to make a super cute card for Cret for Father's Day.  Believe it or not, this was our BEST take.  Half of Jordan's face is cut off, Tyler is doing I don't know what and Jacob refused to lay down.  I could feel the frustration coming on.  After many photos, I said to the kids, "Let's go in, this isn't working." 
Feeling a little more disappointed than I'd like to admit, I came inside to look at the camera one more time to see if I even got one salvageable picture.  I laughed out loud at the silly pictures I captured.  Then I was reminded...We are not a "Pinterest Perfect" family.  No one is!
How much time do we spend comparing and hoping for things other than what we are given? Its such a complete waste of time when you actually remember that God, the creator of the universe, in all HIS perfection and sovereignty and love created us just as we are for HIM. WOW.  I do not want to pretend to be a "Pinterest Perfect" family. I want to celebrate the family GOD created in HIS perfection.  
And on the topic of Father's Day, my husband works very very hard to provide for this imperfect family created perfectly by God. He has sacrificed many things to do what's best for our family and seek God's will and I want to give thanks to our PERFECT God for exactly how he created us.  He gave our family the PERFECT man to be husband and father to us! 
AND I want to show Cret that he is an awesome dad to this bright young lady, silly goofball and wild little boy, and what better picture to show that! 
I decided to fully embrace the Pinterest fail and I decided to LOVE it!
Thank you God for all that you have given our family.
Thank you God for creating each one of our children in your image.
Thank you God for their unique and wonderful qualities.
Thank you God for a husband who always works hard and NEVER complains.
Thank you God for a husband who notices when I need help and offers it without me asking.
Thank you God for a man who seeks YOU in our marriage and in fatherhood most of all.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to you, babe!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the excellent fathers out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment